Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Beginning...

Necessity being the uncle of intention, or some such relative of some such endeavor, I have struggled to find a way to be a new dad and keep bubbling as I'd like.

I realized that I needed to attach a bubbling project to my work day in order to make it happen consistently and not unfairly detract from my Dad duties. SO

Monday mornings henceforth, I will be making giant bubbles upon the peaks of San Francisco! The wind and weather are tricky so the plan is to show up at the same peak, at 7am, each Monday morning, until conditions are just right (and hopefully I get a picture). Then move on to the next, improving my solution all the while. I'll start this Monday at Twin Peaks!
Here's what the view from Twin Peaks looks like (with a little accidental embellishment from my panorama-making software):
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=6093222&blogId=178892326

Here's the record of me doing much the same thing all in one day, on foot, without soap bubbles. With bubbles I will also do Inspiration Point in the Presidio, Sutro Heights Park above Ocean Beach, Strawberry Hill in the middle of Stow Lake, and other spots YOU suggest where bubbles will be a boon and not a hazard to passers-by.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=6093222&blogId=41796907
(The above blog makes more sense if you know I was once 380 lb. anti-exercise kinda guy. So I may have over-shared a little as I celebrated the joy of newfound mobility. :))

If you are in town, you should come!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Nice Start Mike,
    love the top photo
    Good Luck with the weather, BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey tomorrow I am in the hospital. But I can be there next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. driving over twin peaks this morning was one of the most unexpected experiences of my life - enormous colorful constantly changing bubbles floating off over the peaks and off into space. so amazing that I stopped my car in the middle of the roadway and watched the floating bubbles until Mike was out of juice. Only in San Francisco! Keep it up Mike and go forth and conquer!!!
    from james come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks James!!!! That comment made my night!

    ReplyDelete